Monday, February 3, 2014

Banana Almond Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"

I have a new, favorite treat.
It tastes surprizingly like ice cream, but it's much less guilt-producing!
Who knew that sliced, frozen bananas, when blended, tasted like ice cream?!
My friend Colleen's son did; that's who! (Thanks for sharing, Colleen!)


This is an excellent way to use up bananas you can't otherwise find a use for.
I have a freezer full of frozen bananas I've never gotten around to using.
Not anymore, though!
I mix the following in my Nutribullet, but I'm sure a blender would work, too.

1 sliced banana, frozen
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 1/2 teaspoons flaxseed
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate chips

Blend it all up and enjoy with a spoon or straw. Delicious!!

In addition to the nutritional information below (which I gleaned from My Fitness Pal), add 78 calories for the chocolate chips.

The same amount of ice cream would be at least 450 calories 
and contain 75% of the recommended daily allowance for fat calories.

blog comments powered by Disqus