Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beer Dip

An often-requested dip around here is made with Weaselmomma's favorite ingredient: beer. I know she's a Coors fan, but I usually just use whatever random beer I find in the fridge when I make it. This time, I had my choice of three (since we've had company lately, and everyone has different taste, I guess.)

I make this dip whenever Kyle has a gang of kids over, which he did last night. It's SIMPLE to make, has ingredients usually found in most kitchens, and never lasts long.

Ingredients:
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dip
2 pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temp
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup (1/3 of a can) of beer
pretzels for serving
Now, if you haven't taken the time to soften the cream cheese, just throw it in the microwave to soften it (I usually do 15 seconds per package).

Then, throw everything in your mixer like so:Now Weaselmomma, just because you like beer does not mean that "a little extra" beer will make this recipe even better. It does not; it just makes it soupy and upsets the balance of flavors. Since you have to open a can of beer and only use 1/3 of it, there's plenty extra to suck down to satisfy your cravings; leave the dip recipe alone.

Back to the mixing...Be careful not to turn it to the "Fling" setting right away, or your cupboards will be immediately spackled with whitish, wet muck. Start out slowly, and mix until blended well.Put in a 2-3 cup bowl and serve with pretzels. It's that simple.
blog comments powered by Disqus