Sunday, February 7, 2010

Easy-Peasy Bars from Heaven

Okay, that's not really the name of these bars. I think my cousin Julie was actually trying to ensure that no one else in the family would want any of her "Dump Bars" when she named them, haha.  Honestly, though, they're called Dump Bars because all you have to do is "dump" all of the ingredients in the bowl and mix them up. I made them for the Music Boosters Chili Lunch. Let's just say I brought an empty container home, and we'll forget about the name, okay?  Here's how you, too, can be a baking superstar....

Ingredients:
 

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
5 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Dump all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) into a bowl.


I have to take this moment to ask--Raise your hand if you ever decided that since hot cocoa is great, then cocoa powder must be incredibly delicious, so you tried to eat a spoonful of Hershey's Cocoa, only to find
yourself spitting violently?!


Back to the yum....Mix until all ingredients are moistened.

   

Take a moment here to stop and smell the chocolate, smell the roses, or in my case, watch the snowflakes and wonder how much more winter you can expect....


Spread in greased 9 x 13 inch pan.


Sprinkle chocolate chips on top (do not stir.)


Did you notice the lone escaped chocolate chip? (I didn't have the heart to crop it out.)

Admire the beauty of it all....

  

(Did you see Lincoln's face in there? Good--neither did I, but I thought I'd check.)

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Let cool a bit and then slice before taking them to your event.  (Make sure you save twelve one for yourself, or like me, you will come home with an empty container!)
blog comments powered by Disqus