Monday, June 25, 2012

Party-Sized Greek Pasta Salad

Ever since I first made this recipe from Chris, at Mele Cotte (via Pinterest), I can't keep enough of it at the ready; Kyle comes home from work and looks for it in the fridge and is clearly disappointed when he comes up empty.  Since this is the fourth time I've made it in less than two weeks, I've decided to post the recipe here.

Ingredients:


(amounts here are different from Chris's, as I wanted to make a large amount)


1 pound of pasta of your choosing
1 cup chopped red onion
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 can whole black olives
1 huge cucumber
6 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled 

Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tsps stone ground mustard (dijon or your favorite)
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp fine sea salt

While the pasta is cooking, prepare the veggies like so...



Yes, I'm aware that black olives can be purchased sliced, 
but I wanted them cut in thirds (chunkier than I feared the sliced kind might be).



When the pasta is cooked to your taste, drain it and rinse it with cold water. 
Set it aside while you make the dressing. 
Mix the dressing ingredients in a closed container like this one...


Pour over the pasta and mixed veggies.
(Use however much is your preference; you'll probably have plenty extra to use another time.)


Mix and top with oregano and freshly-ground pepper.


Chill for at least a few hours 
(tossing the salad periodically to redistribute the dressing until the pasta has absorbed it).

Yum!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus