Friday, January 2, 2009

Simple Brownies

If you ask me, Brownies are one of the easiest things to make. But just in case, I'm putting a recipe here. These brownies are a hit at our family reunions. I'll put the frosting ingredients at the end, but I never make it, because we like them just fine without it.

Ingredients (I was forbidden to add nuts, but feel free...)2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour

4 eggs
2/3 cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla

First, melt the butter and let it cool a little (you don't want it to cook the eggs when you mix them!)
Then mix the dry ingredients together.
Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry. Here is where I realized I did not need my KitchenAid mixer; brownies are easy to mix with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Mix just until blended.
Grease your pan with butter.
Spread the brownie batter evenly.
Bake 20-25 minutes (test with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, they're done.) Please pay no mind to the divot in my brownies. Pretend that I didn't drop a rubber pot holder into the pan on the first check. Sorry I don't have a final pic; they were gone before I had a chance to take one! :)

Frosting:
2 tbls melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbls milk
1 tbls cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla
blog comments powered by Disqus