Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chicken Divine Hotdish



Wow--This casserole from my cousin's wife, Karen, is so delicious! I'll leave it up to the dieters to healthy it up. As for my family, we generally eat healthy meals, so I'm fine with the occasional cholesterol-and-sodium bomb now and then. Besides, there's broccoli and chicken in this one, so it can't be all bad!

Ingredients:
3-4 cups cooked chicken
3-4 bunches of broccoli, cooked to your liking (recipe called for two pkgs. frozen, but I used fresh)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cram of chicken soup
3/4 cup real mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (Of course, I'm from Wisconsin; I used a little more.)
1 box of Stovetop Stuffing, prepared

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook the chicken, broccoli, and stuffing. I had a bag of diced, grilled chicken pieces in the freezer from another meal, so that part was simple.  I cooked the broccoli for four minutes in the microwave, as we like our vegetables firm; it turned out perfectly in the long run.

Spread the cooked broccoli over the bottom of a glass cakepan. Sprinkle the diced chicken over that. Mix the soups, mayo, and lemon juice and pour over the chicken and broccoli. (Grind pepper over that if you like.) Top with cheese, and then the stuffing. Bake 30 minutes.


Mmmmmmmmm.
blog comments powered by Disqus