Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chicken Pasta Salad

Earlier this summer, Kendall and I received the blessing of a very special lunch with a distant cousin, Ed, who is 93 and sets a table like this:


The meal included this delicious chicken pasta salad.


In my thank you note, I asked if Ed would share the recipe, and he very kindly did, and I'm so very glad, because this salad is delish!

When I made it, I was far too busy to take photos (next time, sorry), so this is the quick-and-dirty version.

Ingredients:
2 cups cut-up, cooked chicken thighs (I boiled mine.)
2 cups celery, chopped small
1 whole bunch green onions, chopped small
3/4 red grapes, halved
1 11 oz. can Mandarin oranges
2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped small
2 tablespoons pimiento
1/2 cup slivered almonds
 2 cups Creamette rings

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar (artificial sugar works, too)
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup cream
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Go easy on the mayo, according to Ed; start with 1/2 cup and add more, if needed.
I doubled this recipe for a dinner with 20 of us, and it was way too much, even though everyone raved about it. It completely filled my huge, gold-colored Tupperware bowl.


blog comments powered by Disqus