Sunday, November 3, 2013

Easy-But-Popular Taco Dip



I couldn't get away without taco dip at our annual Halloween party; everyone loves it.
It couldn't be easier to make, really; I even hesitated to post it here for that reason,
but I figured my kids might want the "recipe" some day, so here goes.

Ingredients:
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg sour cream
1 pkg taco seasoning of your choice
Your favorite taco sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese (about a cup)
Toppings: chopped lettuce, more cheese, diced tomato, slided black olives

I doubled these ingredients for our party.

First, blend the sour cream, cream cheese, and taco seasoning until smooth.


Spread the mixture out over the pan of your choosing. 
Since I'd doubled the recipe, I used a large serving tray, 
which is about the size of a big cookie sheet. 
The dip base was about 1/2" deep.


Drizzle some taco sauce over that (about as much you like).


Then spread it around evenly.


This is Wisconsin; we love our dairy products, so I sprinkled some cheese on next.
Some people put it on top, but I don't like it when it falls off of my chip; 
I like to sprinkle it where it'll stick a little.


Add chopped lettuce and any other toppings you like.


Some would say that black olives are a must, but you can do what you like.
You can also sprinkle a little more cheese on top
and even drizzle a little more taco sauce if you like.


Chill for at least an hour. If you want, you can make it the night before
and keep it covered in the fridge,
 but hold off on chopping the toppings until shortly before serving.

Serve with Tostitos.

blog comments powered by Disqus